Rising from scratch, Bihar is now a torch bear for its new ideas, accountability and administrative reforms. Till 2005 Bihar was called a stinking state which was famous for its different kinds of crime and criminal activities. I will not quote wikileaks here to prove my fact but it was a proven fact when people calls Bihar a burden on India and an obstacle for India development. In some extend they were not wrong, because during Lalu ji and his family's rule nothing flourished other than crime and criminal in Bihar.
But after arrival of Nitish Kumar led NDA government everything have changed. Now Bihar becomes a focal point of discussion for its innovative actions in various aspect of administrative reforms. Nitish Kumar whom his rivals call Sushan Kumar he proved that he is really a Sushasan Kumar and changed the face of Bihar from a BIMARU state to fast developing state. During 1999- 2008 its GDP was just 5.1% where between 2008-2009 it was 11.03 next to Gujrat state. There are some special social and Administrative initiate whom he initiated for that he got maximum applauses and reorganization from all corner of society, national and international organizations.Earlier when we go out side of Bihar feel shy to disclose our identity, Bihar as our mother state but now feel proud to say ya "I am Bihari". Some are the great applause-able works initiated by Bihar Government are as under:
- 50% reservation for woman in Panchayat election.
- Bihar Special Court Bill 2009
- Right to Service Bill 2011
- Formation of Special Auxiliary force(SAF)
- Creation of Road Infrastructure
- Improvement of Law & Order
- Infrastructural and tourism
- Speedy trial of criminal cases
- action against corruption and lots more
(Bihar attracted more tourist than Goa. Around 4.2 lakh foreign tourists arrived Bihar where in Goa it is only 3.7 lakh. It’s domestic tourist arrival has also gone up considerably to 1.33 crore. it is now fact tourist arrivals in Goa has gone down because of safety and security issues).
What is right to service Bill?
This Bill may be called the Bihar Rajya Sewa Dene Ki Guarantee Vidheyak, 2011. This bill will give guarantee to the citizen of the Bihar to get the services which notified under the bill done within stipulated time from a designated officer. If designated officer failed to provide that service within stipulated time then applicant can submit an application directly to the first appeal officer followed by second appellant authority and if appellant authorities found any negligence on designated officer part then designated officer would be penalized a fine minimum Rs 500.00 and maximum Rs. 5000.00/. This bill is just like Right to Information(RTI) Act. This Bill likely to come enforce with effect from 1 Apr 2011.
Which are the services presently proposed under this Bill?
These are the some of services which are guaranteed under Right to Service Bill:
- Application for various type of pension under social security schemes
- Scholarship to students
- Application for electricity connection, correction in electricity bill, repairing of electric fuse lines and repairing cable break down.
- Issuance of postmortem report form medical college
- Issuance of Cast certificate
- . Issuance of residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Renewal/endorsement/smart cart of driving license/Vehicle registration etc
- Public Distribution system- issuance of FP shop and cancelation of FP shop license.
- Issuance of new ration card
- License of medical shop
- Agriculture department issuance of retail fertilizer shop/retail seed shop/pesticide shop
- Labour department – shop registration certificate, pulses and flavor mills license
- Police Department- Police verification for passport/police verification for arms license/ Character verification etc.
The achievement of the Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in very short span of time is not by luck but it is his hard work and his dedication towards his job. As per his own revelation, he used to work initially even more than 12-14 hours in a day. Success is not something which comes by chance. It takes lots of preparation and character. Everyone likes to win, but most people are not willing to mold themselves to put in the effort and the time to prepare to win. Success needs sacrifice and self discipline. There is no substitute of hard work. Nitish Kumar is known for his hard work and vision.
Henry ford said “the harder you work the luckier you get. Where his predecessor was famous for his dialogue, acts of his brother- in-laws and nephews where Nitish Kumar is famous for his dedication and sushasan. So leader like him is very rarely we would find in present political sphere. So lets hope for better for Bihar and wish great success to this Right to Service Bill.